Cannes Lions names Ogilvy's Khai as Film and Press jury president
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has named Ogilvy & Mather's worldwide chief creative officer, Tham Khai Meng, as jury president for the Film and Press categories this year..
Tham Khai Meng: Ogilvy & Mather worldwide chief creative officer to judge at Cannes
Khai will oversee the jury for the two categories at the 2012 festival, which takes place between 17 June and 23 June.
Last year, Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam won the Grand Prix in the film category for its 'Write The Future' campaign for Nike. JWT Shanghai picked up the Grand Prix for its 'Heaven & Hell' campaign for luggage brand Samsonite in the press category, which was chaired by Tony Granger, the chief creative officer of Y&R.
Khai joined Ogilvy & Mather in 2000 as regional creative director and co-chairman of its Asia Pacific network. In 2009, he moved to New York to become the agency's worldwide chief creative officer and chairman of the Worldwide Creative Council.
Khai has chaired at Cannes before, in the Press and Outdoor Lions category in 2003, the Press Lions category in 2007, and the Titanium and Integrated Lions category in 2010.
Khai said: "Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity is the pre-eminent standard bearer for creative distinction in our industry. Our role is not only to champion industry ideals, but to celebrate the brave ones who have deployed the highest creativity in the service of business."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...