DataXu acquires RTB specialist Mexad
DataXu, the US-headquartered demand-side platform (DSP), has acquired Mexad, a real-time bidding (RTB) specialist, to expand its European operations, for an undisclosed sum.
Martin Brown: commercial director, DataXu Europe
Mexad serves media agencies from offices in Germany, the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Poland and Brazil, employing a total of 36 people.
Describing his company’s genesis four years ago, Berlik said: "In 2008 no DSP existed, only ad exchanges, mainly Right Media … at that time none of the European media agencies worked with ad exchange technology, they worked with a standard business model with ad networks.
"Then the first DSPs came on the market and because of lack of media planners or traffickers able to work with these technologies we built a service company [for media agencies working on ad exchange technologies]."
DataXu set up its first office in Europe last year, with Martin Brown as commercial director, and is now building up the local service it can offer clients by acquiring Mexad, which it claims is known for its "exceptional customer service and expertise".
Mexad will now offer DataXu's digital marketing management platform, DX3, which was highly ranked in research analyst Forrester's recent report on DSP providers.
Berlik said: "We have been acquired by the best in the industry and look forward to adding the new capabilities provided by DX3, such as advanced attribution management and active analytics, which are not currently available from any other vendor in Europe."
Mexad claims to be able to access more than 20 billion RTB ad impressions a day.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Ad Operations Executive/Trafficker Propel £2600 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...