Webuyanycar.com voted 'most irritating ad'
Webuyanycar.com's musical ad campaign has been named the most irritating in the UK, in Marketing's annual poll.
Webuyanycar.com: voted 'most irritating ad' in 2011
According to the survey, conducted exclusively for Marketing by TNS, 49% of respondents found Webuyanycar.com’s ads – complete with the sonic motif "any ... any ... any" – was voted the most irritating ad of 2011.
The brand’s head of marketing, Paul Coulter, declined to speak to Marketing, but a spokeswoman defends the ad. "I don't think anyone could forget webuyanycar.com. Our ad using our infamous sonic brand trigger has helped us become the most recognised car buyer in the UK," she said.
It inherits the crown from two-time winner Gocompare.com, which topped last years ‘Irritating Ads’ poll with 59% of respondents citing it as the most irritating.
Jackpotjoy.com, with its campaign fronted by Barbara Windsor, finished in joint second place in the survey alongside price comparison website Confused.com. Meanwhile, Halifax’s campaign featuring staff singing in a choir was voted the fourth most irritating ad of the year.
To view the full list, view the this year's feature.
The survey was conducted by TNS from 1 to 5 December among 1027 adults aged 16-64.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...