Thomas Cook plots marketing overhaul with new appointment
Thomas Cook is planning a fresh ad campaign, as it looks to bounce back from its recent financial crisis.
Thomas Cook: hired Euro RSCG to integrated account
The embattled tour operator, which two weeks ago posted a £398m full-year loss, aims to develop a more integrated approach to its marketing. Thomas Cook UK and Ireland marketing director Michael Johnson has hired ad agency Euro RSCG to handle its newly integrated ad account.
The brand is expected to unveil a revamped business strategy in the next week, led by chief executives Ian Ailles and Phil Aird-Mash.
Thomas Cook’s latest marketing drive, which broke on Boxing Day, has a ‘destination focus’. Promoting its top five summer destinations – the Balearic Islands, Canaries, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey – the ads offer discounted summer holidays alongside a ‘cheapest price guarantee’.
The operator had previously decided to drop brand ambassadors Jamie and Louise Redknapp from its campaigns.
Last year, Thomas Cook issued three profit warnings and had to solicit an extra £100m loan from its banks.
Euro RSCG was able to pick up the account as a result of ending its relationship with private airline CityJet, which it had worked with since 2009.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London