Thomas Cook plots marketing overhaul with new appointment
Thomas Cook is planning a fresh ad campaign, as it looks to bounce back from its recent financial crisis.
Thomas Cook: hired Euro RSCG to integrated account
The embattled tour operator, which two weeks ago posted a £398m full-year loss, aims to develop a more integrated approach to its marketing. Thomas Cook UK and Ireland marketing director Michael Johnson has hired ad agency Euro RSCG to handle its newly integrated ad account.
The brand is expected to unveil a revamped business strategy in the next week, led by chief executives Ian Ailles and Phil Aird-Mash.
Thomas Cook’s latest marketing drive, which broke on Boxing Day, has a ‘destination focus’. Promoting its top five summer destinations – the Balearic Islands, Canaries, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey – the ads offer discounted summer holidays alongside a ‘cheapest price guarantee’.
The operator had previously decided to drop brand ambassadors Jamie and Louise Redknapp from its campaigns.
Last year, Thomas Cook issued three profit warnings and had to solicit an extra £100m loan from its banks.
Euro RSCG was able to pick up the account as a result of ending its relationship with private airline CityJet, which it had worked with since 2009.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...