Microsoft appoints Hindson to top trade marketing role
Microsoft has appointed Donna Hindson to the newly created role of director of trade marketing for its UK advertising and online division, following a period of restructuring at the company.
Microsoft: Donna Hindson appointed to trade marketing role in the UK
Hindson's role replaces that of Nickie Smith, who was marketing director of Microsoft Advertising. Smith is has taken a job with Microsoft International, but a spokesperson for the company did not confirm her new job title.
Hindson joins from the BBC where, for 18 months, she worked as head of marketing and partnerships in its Future Media Group.
Prior to this role, Hindson worked at Microsoft for 13 years in the UK, Canada and Asia. Her most recent role at the company was as the director of partner management, for MSN EMEA.
She reports to Andy Hart, advertising and online lead.
Hindson’s appointment comes after a turbulent year for the internet and technology giant, which undertook a global reorganisation.
As part of the UK restructure, Hart was appointed to head up the enlarged advertising and online division in July last year, while Ashley Highfield, former managing director of the now defunct consumer and online division, departed shortly afterwards to join Johnston Press.
Separately, Steve Ballmer, chief executive of Microsoft, announced yesterday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, that the company had sold more than 18 million Kinect motion controllers for its Xbox 360 games console in the year since it launched.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...