Microsoft appoints Hindson to top trade marketing role
Microsoft has appointed Donna Hindson to the newly created role of director of trade marketing for its UK advertising and online division, following a period of restructuring at the company.
Microsoft: Donna Hindson appointed to trade marketing role in the UK
Hindson's role replaces that of Nickie Smith, who was marketing director of Microsoft Advertising. Smith is has taken a job with Microsoft International, but a spokesperson for the company did not confirm her new job title.
Hindson joins from the BBC where, for 18 months, she worked as head of marketing and partnerships in its Future Media Group.
Prior to this role, Hindson worked at Microsoft for 13 years in the UK, Canada and Asia. Her most recent role at the company was as the director of partner management, for MSN EMEA.
She reports to Andy Hart, advertising and online lead.
Hindson’s appointment comes after a turbulent year for the internet and technology giant, which undertook a global reorganisation.
As part of the UK restructure, Hart was appointed to head up the enlarged advertising and online division in July last year, while Ashley Highfield, former managing director of the now defunct consumer and online division, departed shortly afterwards to join Johnston Press.
Separately, Steve Ballmer, chief executive of Microsoft, announced yesterday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, that the company had sold more than 18 million Kinect motion controllers for its Xbox 360 games console in the year since it launched.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London