Ann Summers Valentine's push to star size-16 'real woman'
Ann Summers will use a size-16 "real woman" to front its Valentine's Day marketing following a public vote to find the star of the campaign.
Lucy Moore: to front Ann Summers' Valentine's Day marketing drive
Lucy Moore, a 20-year old student from Portsmouth, scooped 22% of the vote in a poll hosted on the Ann Summers website.
The vote was publicised via a television campaign that set out to find "the sexiest face in the UK".
Twelve women finalists then starred in an ad shown on ITV2 in November, after being chosen from a total of 4,000 entrants.
Lingerie and sex toys retailer Ann Summers will use images of Moore in its store windows from 19 January, while the student will also star on the cover of the Ann Summers Valentine's Day catalogue.
Moore will also give her lingerie-buying tips throughout the catalogue and on the brand's website.
Ann Summers says the appointment of a "real woman" as the face of its campaign is one of many firsts for the brand since it was relaunched in early 2011.
The television campaign highlighting the competition was the first time the brand had embarked on television activity, while it also recently launched a new store concept at its flagship store in Westfield Stratford City.
Ann Summers is also busy striking a number of commercial partnerships, including one with Shop Direct and another with relationship counselling charity Relate, which will see the launch of a "sex census".
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London