Ann Summers Valentine's push to star size-16 'real woman'
Ann Summers will use a size-16 "real woman" to front its Valentine's Day marketing following a public vote to find the star of the campaign.
Lucy Moore: to front Ann Summers' Valentine's Day marketing drive
Lucy Moore, a 20-year old student from Portsmouth, scooped 22% of the vote in a poll hosted on the Ann Summers website.
The vote was publicised via a television campaign that set out to find "the sexiest face in the UK".
Twelve women finalists then starred in an ad shown on ITV2 in November, after being chosen from a total of 4,000 entrants.
Lingerie and sex toys retailer Ann Summers will use images of Moore in its store windows from 19 January, while the student will also star on the cover of the Ann Summers Valentine's Day catalogue.
Moore will also give her lingerie-buying tips throughout the catalogue and on the brand's website.
Ann Summers says the appointment of a "real woman" as the face of its campaign is one of many firsts for the brand since it was relaunched in early 2011.
The television campaign highlighting the competition was the first time the brand had embarked on television activity, while it also recently launched a new store concept at its flagship store in Westfield Stratford City.
Ann Summers is also busy striking a number of commercial partnerships, including one with Shop Direct and another with relationship counselling charity Relate, which will see the launch of a "sex census".
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital/Ecommerce/Online Marketing Executive Alpari (UK) Ltd Up to £35,000 + bonus & benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...