RBS Insurance hires British Gas exec Vlemmiks ahead of sale
RBS Insurance has appointed British Gas commercial director Rick Vlemmiks to head up its newly formed centralised marketing structure, as it prepares for a sell-off by RBS Group.
Rick Vlemmiks: joins RBS Insurance as chief marketing officer
From next month, Vlemmiks will assume the role of chief marketing officer, UK and international, and take up the responsibilities previously handled by Crawford Davidson, who held the role of managing director of marketing. He will report to chief executive Paul Geddes, and join the company's executive committee.
Kerry Chilvers, director of brand, customer and proposition, will report to Vlemmiks, who will oversee the attempts to "create space" between the various insurance brands and provide more brand-specific experiences.
Former HBOS marketer Vlemmiks was promoted to the position of commercial director at British Gas in June 2010, having previously held the role of marketing director.
His promotion came amid a wider restructure of the senior management team, which was designed to give greater influence to brand marketing across the organisation.
During his time at British Gas, Vlemmiks was credited with instigating and leading the brand's partnership with British Swimming, developing the partnership with Nectar, and launching the joint energy venture with Sainsbury's.
RBS Insurance, which comprises the Direct Line, Churchill, Green Flag and Privilege brands, will be divested by taxpayer-owned RBS by the end of 2013, following pressure from European regulators.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...