Rufus Olins appointed chief executive of Newspaper Marketing Agency
The Newspaper Marketing Agency, the trade body that represents the interests of the UK's national newspapers, has appointed Rufus Olins, the former chief executive of Warc, as its chief executive.
Rufus Olins: joins the NMA
Olins, also a former managing director of Haymarket Brand Media, which published Campaign, replaces Maureen Duffy, who left at the end of last year.
Duffy had been the chief executive since the organisation's launch in 2003.
Paul Hayes, the managing director of News International Commercial and chairman of the NMA, made the appointment.
Hayes said: "Rufus totally understands newspapers and his passion for quality journalism shines through. At the same time, he’s also a talented and well-connected business leader with deep understanding of research, insight and digital opportunities."
Olins added: "Now more than ever, UK newspaper publishers need a strong, confident voice representing them in the advertising world, and I intend to provide it."
Olins quit Warc last summer without a job to go to. He is a former editor of Haymarket's Management Today and deputy City editor of The Sunday Times.
The NMA was launched by the Newspaper Publishers Association to raise awareness among advertisers of the power of newspapers as an advertising medium. It is funded by all of the main newspaper publishers bar Express Newspapers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Copywriter AF Selection £16,000-£18,000, Nottingham
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...