Channel 5 and MPG embroiled in trading dispute
Channel 5 is locked in a trading dispute with the Havas Media agency MPG Media Contacts.
The standoff means that advertising from MPG clients, which include Nationwide, Hyundai/Kia and EDF Energy, is not currently running on the broadcaster's channels.
Discussions between Channel 5, which is owned by Richard Desmond's Northern & Shell, and MPG are said to be ongoing. However, sources said that advertising from MPG clients is unlikely to return to the broadcaster's channels until March at least.
The sources suggest MPG and Channel 5, which is represented by its sales director, Nick Bampton, were unable to come to an agreement during the autumn trading season.
Otherwise, the 2012 deal season appears to have been relatively smooth with the remaining agency groups trading with the major four TV sales houses.
Sources close to Sky Media, Channel 4 and ITV each said they were satisfied with the terms of the deals they reached with media agencies.
The 2011 deal season was also notable for a lack of disputes, but a squeeze on margins at the start of 2010 led to ads from FMCG giants such as Unilever and Reckitt Benckiser being pulled from some broadcasters.
Channel 5 also experienced issues with Aegis Media in 2010 that resulted in a standoff for the first half of the year.
MPG and Channel 5 declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...