BA promotes Comber to head of brands and marketing
British Airways has promoted Abigail Comber to the position of head of brands and marketing at the airline with immediate effect.
Abigail Comber: appointed head of brands and marketing at British Airways
Comber moves from her position as head of brand and engagement at BA and continues to report to Frank van der Post, managing director, brands and customer experience.
Comber will be responsible for the strategic development of the airline's global brands and marketing activities, including advertising, sponsorship, brands, design, digital innovation, community relations and relationship marketing.
BA said a "critical element" of Comber's role will be to define the British Airways brand to consumers and staff globally, and defining and managing BA's corporate community investment programme worldwide.
Comber has held senior roles within BA's marketing department since 2002, starting her career at the BA Holidays in 1992. Most recently, she has been responsible for the 'To Fly, To Serve' campaign, in addition to the planning of BA's London 2012 sponsorship.
Comber's role is similar to that of Kerris Bright, former head of global marketing, who left the airline in February last year, with a new title and additional responsibilities, following a restructure of BA's marketing department.
Van der Post said: "I am delighted that Abi is taking the post of head of brands and marketing. She has a very strong background in this field and knows the airline business inside out.
"Her recent delivery of the successful 'To Fly, To Serve' programme is testament to her ability to translate what the British Airways brand stands for into relevant and engaging brand, and marketing, internal and external, messages."
Folllow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...