P&G to raise $5m for youth sports programmes
Procter & Gamble (P&G) has revealed plans to raise $5m (£3.3m) this year to establish and sustain youth sports programmes around the world, from donations and a portion of sales of its leading brands, including Pampers, Tide, Gillette and Pantene.
Procter & Gamble: some of the British athletes who will act as P&G brand ambassadors
P&G is partnering with the International Olympics Committee (IOC) to give children the opportunity to practise sports by supplying facilities and training.
The activity will feed into P&G's 'Thank You Mum' campaign for the London 2012 Olympic Games, aiming to improve the everyday lives of mums. The campaign also offers athletes' mothers the opportunity to see their children compete at the Games.
P&G is an IOC TOP partner, and, through its brands, is sponsoring more than 150 athletes, who will be featured in advertising and retail marketing to generate sales and donations to support youth sports.
P&G has already named 11 British athletes, including Jessica Ennis, Paula Radcliffe and Ben Rushgrove as brand ambassadors for a range of its products.
Marc Pritchard, P&G global marketing and brand building officer, said: "P&G is in the business of helping moms. Through our 'Thank You Mom' program, we will support not just the moms of Olympic athletes, but every mom who does whatever it takes to make her child's life the best it can be."
Jacques Rogge, president of the IOC, said: "Through its support of mothers of Olympians, P&G is helping athletes. With its support of youth sports, the company is supporting families and is helping to develop athletes every day. It aligns perfectly with the Olympic values."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London