Asda trademarks 'Asda Money'
Speculation is mounting that Asda will relaunch its 'Asda Financial Services' offering following the registration of an 'Asda Money' trademark.
Asda rademarks 'Asda Money'
The trademark covers a range of functions, including banking, credit and debit cards, mortgage lending and consultancy, advisory and information services.
In the past, the supermarket has positioned its Asda Financial Services offering as a "flexible option to financial services" that provides "a friendlier approach to insurance and credit".
Asda Financial Services currently covers products including an Asda Reward credit card, personal loans, insurance cover, child trust funds, travel money and a gas and electricity comparison service.
The supermarket already owns the www.asdamoney.com and www.asdamoney.co.uk domain names, which redirect visitors to its Asda Financial Services home page.
Asda appointed LBi in September in a move that was understood to be the first time the supermarket had appointed a dedicated digital agency.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London