Morrisons appoints Lancaster to lead Kiddicare marketing
Morrisons has poached White Stuff cross-channel director Alison Lancaster to become chief marketing officer of its Kiddicare brand and marketing director of online non-food at Morrisons.
Alison Lancaster: appointed chief marketing officer of Morrisons' Kiddicare brand
Lancaster will take up the role on 23 January and report to Kiddicare chief executive Scott Weavers-Wright, who also holds the role of managing director of Morrisons online non-food.
The appointment comes as Kiddicare begins to centralise its marketing and PR function, which was previously spread across various departments within Morrisons.
Lancaster's role is a newly created position and she will oversee a marketing and PR team of four people.
The news comes as Morrisons prepares to launch dedicated retail stores for its online-only baby products brand.
Morrisons has confirmed it is in talks to acquire the 11 "big box" stores from electronics chain Best Buy.
Along with her Kiddicare duties, Lancaster will also be tasked with using her multichannel experience to help Morrisons launch an online retail offering to rival Sainsbury’', Asda and Tesco.
Lancaster's previous roles include marketing director of Harrods Direct and marketing director of retailer Charles Tyrwhitt, where she was responsible for the brand's international multichannel sales and marketing operations.
She has also worked on the strategic launch of JohnLewis.com and Debenhams.com.
The supermarket acquired Kiddicare in a £70m deal in early 2011 and hopes the appointment of Lancaster will help drive brand awareness in the UK and internationally.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)