Halfords poaches Asda's West for online push
Halfords is focusing on improving its online offering through the creation of a group digital director role, for which it has recruited Asda's operations director for new business and home shopping, Clive West.
Halfords: 2011 Christmas bikes campaign by DLKW Lowe
The car and bicycle specialist will task West with overseeing all aspects of its online sales, including the Halfords.com website, the delivery process of orders, and its "reserve and collect" service.
West will join the executive management team and report directly to chief executive David Wild, when he joins the business on 5 March.
Halfords has brought in West for the expertise he gained at Asda, where he launched its "click and collect" service and its Home Shopping Centres.
According to Halfords, West helped double the turnover of Asda's online grocery business during his three years in the role.
The specialist retailer has been ramping up its online offer in the last year through the launch of the Halfords app, a new mobile site and the relaunched Halfords Autocentres website.
West's hiring follows Halfords' appointment of former Emap group managing director Claudia Arney to the board as a non-executive director, in order to tap her digital expertise.
Wild said: "Our multichannel offer is a key area of development for the Halfords business. More and more customers are researching and shopping online. Clive's appointment will help us continue to progress in this fast-changing area."
Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...