BA brings in Emin to oversee London 2012 'dove' project
British Airways is planning to decorate a number of its aircraft to look like doves in celebration of the London 2012 Olympic Games, in a project overseen by artist Tracey Emin.
Dove project: Pascal Anson and Tracey Emin
Pascal Anson, a British artist and one of the winners of BA’s "Great Britons", a competition to tap into undiscovered British talent, has created the new designs for the planes, with artist Tracey Emin acting as a mentor.
The new design will be seen on planes from April. The airline is still determining the number of planes to be changed, stating that it will be at least eight, in operation all year.
Exact details of how the design will be different from BA's current livery are not yet available, but is expected the blue parts will be painted white. BA said the plane’s tailfin and logo will remain intact.
According to BA, it used to be a tradition to set doves free during the Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...