BA brings in Emin to oversee London 2012 'dove' project
British Airways is planning to decorate a number of its aircraft to look like doves in celebration of the London 2012 Olympic Games, in a project overseen by artist Tracey Emin.
Dove project: Pascal Anson and Tracey Emin
Pascal Anson, a British artist and one of the winners of BA’s "Great Britons", a competition to tap into undiscovered British talent, has created the new designs for the planes, with artist Tracey Emin acting as a mentor.
The new design will be seen on planes from April. The airline is still determining the number of planes to be changed, stating that it will be at least eight, in operation all year.
Exact details of how the design will be different from BA's current livery are not yet available, but is expected the blue parts will be painted white. BA said the plane’s tailfin and logo will remain intact.
According to BA, it used to be a tradition to set doves free during the Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Copywriter The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...