BA brings in Emin to oversee London 2012 'dove' project
British Airways is planning to decorate a number of its aircraft to look like doves in celebration of the London 2012 Olympic Games, in a project overseen by artist Tracey Emin.
Dove project: Pascal Anson and Tracey Emin
Pascal Anson, a British artist and one of the winners of BA’s "Great Britons", a competition to tap into undiscovered British talent, has created the new designs for the planes, with artist Tracey Emin acting as a mentor.
The new design will be seen on planes from April. The airline is still determining the number of planes to be changed, stating that it will be at least eight, in operation all year.
Exact details of how the design will be different from BA's current livery are not yet available, but is expected the blue parts will be painted white. BA said the plane’s tailfin and logo will remain intact.
According to BA, it used to be a tradition to set doves free during the Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...