H&M features Beckham in debut Super Bowl TV ad
H&M, the Swedish retail brand, is to broadcast is first Super Bowl TV ad, which will showcase the retailer's new David Beckham Bodywear collection.
H&M: to feature David Beckham in Superbowl ad
The David Beckham Bodywear collection will launch on February 2, in store and online, three days before the Super Bowl.
The clothes collection is made up of a range of underwear styles, including briefs, boxers, T-shirts, pyjamas and long johns.
Beckham, a global fashion icon, has previously appeared in major ad campaigns for Adidas, PepsiCo, Gillette and Sainsbury's.
The move marks a significant ramping up of H&M's advertising offer, as it is previously not known for spending heavily on TV advertising.
H&M's advertisement are all produced in-house, with the use of independent creative professionals.
The Beckham commercial will have a prime position in the second quarter of the game.
H&M has used a number of celebrities in the past including Cindy Crawford and Elle McPherson.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Database Executive Haymarket Media Group Depending on experience, Teddington, Middlesex
- Digital Project Manager - Ambitious Integrated Agency ADLIB £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: negotiable salary, doe, Dorset
- Client Service Director or Account Director Adam Recruitment £40000 - £70000 per annum + benefits , London
- Business Development Manager (FS) Adam Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum + OTE, London