EA gets together with Katy Perry to boost The Sims
Gaming firm Electronic Arts (EA) has partnered with pop singer Katy Perry to develop and promote multiple games within its 'The Sims' franchise, featuring Perry-themed in-game content and virtual goods.
Katy Perry: stars in latest marketing activity for The Sims franchise
The partnership will feature Perry in all-new marketing activity for the brand, which will begin with a campaign supporting the launch of a collector’s editor for ‘The Sims 3 Showtime’.
EA is releasing the game on 9 March in the UK and will publicise it with a television campaign starring Perry.
Television activity will be supported by online communications and in-store advertising.
MediaCom is handling the media planning and buying in the UK.
The gaming firm claims it will work closely with Perry to create in-game accessories, clothing, hairstyles, furniture and props to "celebrate the imagination that she brings to her performances, music videos and life".
The Sims’ franchise allows players to adopt an avatar and develop their careers and relationships in any way they want.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London