EA gets together with Katy Perry to boost The Sims
Gaming firm Electronic Arts (EA) has partnered with pop singer Katy Perry to develop and promote multiple games within its 'The Sims' franchise, featuring Perry-themed in-game content and virtual goods.
Katy Perry: stars in latest marketing activity for The Sims franchise
The partnership will feature Perry in all-new marketing activity for the brand, which will begin with a campaign supporting the launch of a collector’s editor for ‘The Sims 3 Showtime’.
EA is releasing the game on 9 March in the UK and will publicise it with a television campaign starring Perry.
Television activity will be supported by online communications and in-store advertising.
MediaCom is handling the media planning and buying in the UK.
The gaming firm claims it will work closely with Perry to create in-game accessories, clothing, hairstyles, furniture and props to "celebrate the imagination that she brings to her performances, music videos and life".
The Sims’ franchise allows players to adopt an avatar and develop their careers and relationships in any way they want.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...