Bauer Media ends regional sales deal with Media Sales Network
Magazine publisher Bauer Media is terminating its contract with independent regional media sales house Media Sales Network and moving it to H Bauer.
Bauer Media, publisher of FHM, shifts regional sales contract
The Manchester operation of Bauer Media’s sister company, H Bauer, is taking over the contract to represent Bauer to regional advertisers on 27 February.
Bauer Media, which publishes titles including Heat, FHM and Grazia, has been part of the same group as H Bauer, the publisher of Take A Break, since 2008.
H Bauer’s Manchester operation already handles the insert sales for both H Bauer and Bauer Media.
A spokesperson acting for both Bauer and H Bauer declined to explain why the contract had been terminated. Media Sales Network declined to comment.
However, the director of H Bauer’s regional operation, Howard Foster, said the termination was for straightforward business reasons.
It is not clear how many Media Sales Network employees are affected by the changes or when Bauer gave notice to the company, but staff are understood to be in a consultation period.
Foster said the contract move would involve "a TUPE-style situation", referring to the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations (TUPE) which protect employees' terms and conditions of employment when a business is transferred from one owner to another.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...