Muller kicks off £25m creative pitch
Muller Dairy is holding a review of its £25 million creative account, just four months after the launch of its blockbuster advertising campaign.
Müller: has called an ad pitch
The review, which will be handled through ISBA, follows a tumultuous period during which Muller's UK chief executive, Gharry Eccles, and marketing director, Lee Rolston, departed and it split with its ad agency, TBWA\London.
TBWA lasted just 11 months on the account after capturing it last February in a winner-takes-all contest against Muller’s other roster agency, VCCP. Its "wünderful stuff" ad campaign, featuring cartoon characters including Yogi Bear and Muttley, broke in October last year.
The £20 million campaign was designed to make consumers "sit up and take notice", according to Rolston, but, just a month after the ad was first aired, he left the company amid swingeing cuts and a shake-up of Müller’s UK business.
TBWA then resigned the account, citing "creative differences", just as Muller was reconsidering its advertising strategy.
ISBA is now in the process of contacting ad agencies and a shortlist, ahead of a pitch, is expected to be decided in the coming weeks.
Muller is diversifying and, this week, announced the £279 million takeover of the UK milk producer Robert Wiseman.
Muller confirmed that the pitch process is under way but declined to comment further.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Manager - Affiliate Marketing Shape Media up to £29,000 basic depending on experience, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...