Muller kicks off £25m creative pitch
Muller Dairy is holding a review of its £25 million creative account, just four months after the launch of its blockbuster advertising campaign.
Müller: has called an ad pitch
The review, which will be handled through ISBA, follows a tumultuous period during which Muller's UK chief executive, Gharry Eccles, and marketing director, Lee Rolston, departed and it split with its ad agency, TBWA\London.
TBWA lasted just 11 months on the account after capturing it last February in a winner-takes-all contest against Muller’s other roster agency, VCCP. Its "wünderful stuff" ad campaign, featuring cartoon characters including Yogi Bear and Muttley, broke in October last year.
The £20 million campaign was designed to make consumers "sit up and take notice", according to Rolston, but, just a month after the ad was first aired, he left the company amid swingeing cuts and a shake-up of Müller’s UK business.
TBWA then resigned the account, citing "creative differences", just as Muller was reconsidering its advertising strategy.
ISBA is now in the process of contacting ad agencies and a shortlist, ahead of a pitch, is expected to be decided in the coming weeks.
Muller is diversifying and, this week, announced the £279 million takeover of the UK milk producer Robert Wiseman.
Muller confirmed that the pitch process is under way but declined to comment further.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...