Brian McCarter to oversee planning at Ogilvy & Mather
Ogilvy & Mather has appointed Brian McCarter as its global brand management head of planning for Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
McCarter: will have a primary focus on the Unilever business
McCarter joins the agency this month and will be responsible for overseeing the strategy across Ogilvy's key global accounts, with a primary focus on the Unilever business.
He will also spearhead strategic development and initiatives across the network, reporting directly to Colin Mitchell, Ogilvy's worldwide head of planning.
Ogilvy has been without a planning chief in the region since Russell Davies left the agency in June last year to join R/GA London.
McCarter will begin his second spell at Ogilvy, having previously worked as a planning director in the agency's London office between 1992 and 1997.
After that, McCarter moved to Bartle Bogle Hegarty, before launching a freelance planning practice in New York, where he worked directly with clients including Diageo, Unilever, Philips and Absolut.
In this role, McCarter also acted as a consultant to a number of advertising agencies, including Ogilvy; and, last year, he helped the network win the global SC Johnson and Philips ad accounts.
Mitchell said: "Brian is a world-class planner. Everyone who works with him praises his subtle insight and ability to get to the very heart of brands."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...