Brian McCarter to oversee planning at Ogilvy & Mather
Ogilvy & Mather has appointed Brian McCarter as its global brand management head of planning for Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
McCarter: will have a primary focus on the Unilever business
McCarter joins the agency this month and will be responsible for overseeing the strategy across Ogilvy's key global accounts, with a primary focus on the Unilever business.
He will also spearhead strategic development and initiatives across the network, reporting directly to Colin Mitchell, Ogilvy's worldwide head of planning.
Ogilvy has been without a planning chief in the region since Russell Davies left the agency in June last year to join R/GA London.
McCarter will begin his second spell at Ogilvy, having previously worked as a planning director in the agency's London office between 1992 and 1997.
After that, McCarter moved to Bartle Bogle Hegarty, before launching a freelance planning practice in New York, where he worked directly with clients including Diageo, Unilever, Philips and Absolut.
In this role, McCarter also acted as a consultant to a number of advertising agencies, including Ogilvy; and, last year, he helped the network win the global SC Johnson and Philips ad accounts.
Mitchell said: "Brian is a world-class planner. Everyone who works with him praises his subtle insight and ability to get to the very heart of brands."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London