Google breaks $10bn quarterly revenues mark
Google's UK revenues have exceeded $1bn (£645.74m) in the UK for the second quarter in a row, while total revenues increased by 25% year on year to exceed $10bn (£6.46bn) in a single quarter for the first time.
Dan Cobley, Google UK MD: taken the search giant to second straight $1bn plus quarter
According to its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2011 results, Google’s UK revenues were $1.06bn (£684.49bn) for the last three months of 2011, up 20.7% year on year, and represented 10% of all revenues during the quarter (an equal proportion to Q4 2011).
Google reported total revenues of $10.58bn (£6.83bn) for the quarter ended 31 December, 2011, an increase of 25% compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.
Total ad revenues were $10.2bn (£6.59bn) during the last quarter of 2011, up 24.6% year on year, while across 2011 total ad revenues were $36.53bn (£23.59bn), up 29.4% year on year, suggesting a slow down towards the end of the year.
Income before tax was $3.49bn (£2.25bn) in the fourth quarter of 2011, up 11.0% year on year, and $12.33bn (£7.96bn) across 2011 as a whole, an increase of 14.2% year on year.
Larry Page, chief executive of Google, said: "Google had a really strong quarter ending a great year. Full year revenue was up 29%, and our quarterly revenue blew past the $10 billion mark for the first time.
"I am super excited about the growth of Android, Gmail, and Google+, which now has 90 million users globally – well over double what I announced just three months ago."
Page added: "By building a meaningful relationship with our users through Google+ we will create amazing experiences across our services. I’m very excited about what we can do in 2012 – there are tremendous opportunities to help users and grow our business."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London