Google breaks $10bn quarterly revenues mark
Google's UK revenues have exceeded $1bn (£645.74m) in the UK for the second quarter in a row, while total revenues increased by 25% year on year to exceed $10bn (£6.46bn) in a single quarter for the first time.
Dan Cobley, Google UK MD: taken the search giant to second straight $1bn plus quarter
According to its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2011 results, Google’s UK revenues were $1.06bn (£684.49bn) for the last three months of 2011, up 20.7% year on year, and represented 10% of all revenues during the quarter (an equal proportion to Q4 2011).
Google reported total revenues of $10.58bn (£6.83bn) for the quarter ended 31 December, 2011, an increase of 25% compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.
Total ad revenues were $10.2bn (£6.59bn) during the last quarter of 2011, up 24.6% year on year, while across 2011 total ad revenues were $36.53bn (£23.59bn), up 29.4% year on year, suggesting a slow down towards the end of the year.
Income before tax was $3.49bn (£2.25bn) in the fourth quarter of 2011, up 11.0% year on year, and $12.33bn (£7.96bn) across 2011 as a whole, an increase of 14.2% year on year.
Larry Page, chief executive of Google, said: "Google had a really strong quarter ending a great year. Full year revenue was up 29%, and our quarterly revenue blew past the $10 billion mark for the first time.
"I am super excited about the growth of Android, Gmail, and Google+, which now has 90 million users globally – well over double what I announced just three months ago."
Page added: "By building a meaningful relationship with our users through Google+ we will create amazing experiences across our services. I’m very excited about what we can do in 2012 – there are tremendous opportunities to help users and grow our business."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)