Google breaks $10bn quarterly revenues mark
Google's UK revenues have exceeded $1bn (£645.74m) in the UK for the second quarter in a row, while total revenues increased by 25% year on year to exceed $10bn (£6.46bn) in a single quarter for the first time.
Dan Cobley, Google UK MD: taken the search giant to second straight $1bn plus quarter
According to its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2011 results, Google’s UK revenues were $1.06bn (£684.49bn) for the last three months of 2011, up 20.7% year on year, and represented 10% of all revenues during the quarter (an equal proportion to Q4 2011).
Google reported total revenues of $10.58bn (£6.83bn) for the quarter ended 31 December, 2011, an increase of 25% compared to the fourth quarter of 2010.
Total ad revenues were $10.2bn (£6.59bn) during the last quarter of 2011, up 24.6% year on year, while across 2011 total ad revenues were $36.53bn (£23.59bn), up 29.4% year on year, suggesting a slow down towards the end of the year.
Income before tax was $3.49bn (£2.25bn) in the fourth quarter of 2011, up 11.0% year on year, and $12.33bn (£7.96bn) across 2011 as a whole, an increase of 14.2% year on year.
Larry Page, chief executive of Google, said: "Google had a really strong quarter ending a great year. Full year revenue was up 29%, and our quarterly revenue blew past the $10 billion mark for the first time.
"I am super excited about the growth of Android, Gmail, and Google+, which now has 90 million users globally – well over double what I announced just three months ago."
Page added: "By building a meaningful relationship with our users through Google+ we will create amazing experiences across our services. I’m very excited about what we can do in 2012 – there are tremendous opportunities to help users and grow our business."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire