Mars appoints agencies to Galaxy digital account
Mars, the FMCG giant, has awarded the digital business for its Galaxy chocolate brand jointly to AMV, MediaCom and Freud Communications, following a competitive pitch.
Galaxy: appoints digital agencies
The agencies, which are incumbents on the Galaxy advertising, media and PR accounts respectively, clubbed together for the pitch, against undisclosed agencies.
The chocolate brand has done little in the way of digital marketing to date, although it has a sizeable following on its Facebook fan page.
Galaxy is currently supporting its on-pack promotion 'One Million Moments', on Facebook and its brand website, enabling individuals to enter a promotion code found to win a range of prizes.
The appointment comes as Mars is planning to reintroduce its classic "Why have cotton when you can have silk" strapline this year, after an 11-year hiatus.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...