Sainsbury's hires Sarah Warby as marketing director
Sainsbury's has appointed former Heineken marketing director Sarah Warby to its vacant marketing director role, which was left open after previous hiring Mark Horgan left the company before even assuming the role.
Sarah Warby: former Heineken marketing director
Warby takes up the role on Monday 30 January and will have responsibility for all Sainsbury's marketing activity, reporting to group commercial director Mike Coupe.
Warby left Heineken in June in order to "seek a new challenge" after seven years with the company.
Sainsbury's was left with a marketing leadership gap late last year after both Horgan and Claire Harrison-Church departed from the company.
Horgan had been hired in August but had yet to join the company. Harrison-Church, the director of brand communications who was due to report to him when he took up the role, had been covering it in the meantime.
Harrison-Church was responsible for the introduction of Sainsbury's new 'Live Well For Less' positioning.
Overall responsibility for marketing has sat with Coupe since summer 2010, when then marketing director Gwyn Burr took up the role of customer service and colleague director.
Sainsbury's was dealt a further blow earlier this month when rival Morrisons poached its head of non-food marketing Rebecca Singleton to be its new marketing director.
During her time at Heineken, Warby was responsible for brands including Foster's, Strongbow and Kronenbourg.
Before being promoted to marketing director at Heineken, Warby was the drinks firm's innovation director.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...