Government kicks off £11m workplace pensions campaign
The Department for Work and Pensions is launching an £11m ad campaign to inform the public about the impending arrival of its automatic enrolment workplace pension scheme.
Pensions campaign: press ads direct people to the Directgov website
The campaign, created by DDB London, launches nine months before the new scheme, which will enrol employees automatically into workplace pensions from the beginning of October.
Press, radio and outdoor ads will run in waves until then, in a campaign planned by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The press ads feature toy people talking about pensions while building a staircased block. A woman in pink at the bottom of the block says, "A workplace pension is a simple step to a better future", while the two men at the top of the block inform people that when "you contribute your employers will too" ... "and so will the government".
The ad directs people to the Directgov website to find out more.
Steve Webb MP, the minister for pensions, said: "As we head into the final stretch before millions of people begin to be enrolled into a workplace pension, it is vital that we make sure that individuals and employers know what to expect.
"Automatic enrolment will transform this country, putting an end to the decline in pension saving and setting millions on course for a more prosperous retirement."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...