Alcohol Concern recruits Emily Robinson for revamped comms role
A charity striving for improvements in alcohol policy and treatment has refocused its top comms job as it seeks to reposition in a tough economic climate.
Alcohol Concern: striving for improvements in alcohol policy
Alcohol Concern has created the position of director of fundraising and campaigns, bringing in Emily Robinson to fill the role. Her position will replace that of Nicolay Sorensen, the director of policy and comms, who left in July.
Robinson’s role will see her handling comms around high-profile issues such as the Government’s alcohol strategy, which is expected to be published next month.
She joins Alcohol Concern from the Local Government Association, where she was head of public affairs and campaigns.
Robinson said: ‘This an exciting time to be joining Alcohol Concern, with the Government’s alcohol strategy due soon, reform of the licensing system and the challenge of major changes in the health service, which could have an impact on the quality and availability of treatment and support for those with alcohol problems and their families.’
The change in title reflects the charity’s need to refocus on its non-fee-paying network of donating supporters. It has found that the traditional paid membership of health authorities and voluntary groups have had their funding cut during the downturn.
Robinson will have responsibility for taking forward the organisation’s campaigns, with an increased focus on joint work between volunteering groups.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior UX Designer - Global Agency - £50K-£60K Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Staffing Account Manager Source £28000 - £30000 per annum, London