Vertu backs Vogue fashion festival
Vogue magazine and luxury mobile phone manufacturer Vertu have teamed up to host a fashion festival in London this spring, which will include workshops with some of fashion's leading creative talents.
Vogue: announces fashion festival
The two-day Vogue Festival 2012 will showcase fashion films, performances and debates. It will also include workshops and talks from internationally acclaimed designers, photographers and models, who are yet to be announced.
The festival will take place on Friday 20 and Saturday 21 April at The Royal Geographic Society in Kensington, London.
Vogue has also launched a daily news app in association with Vertu. The free app gives iPhone and Blackberry users access to latest fashion news throughout the day, as well as backstage access, insider interviews, and party pictures.
Alexandra Shulman, editor of British Vogue, said: "I am tremendously excited about putting together this Vogue Festival which will be the first of its kind to allow the general public to see and hear some of the world's greatest fashion talent speaking, as well as to engage in many interesting issues that fashion and style raises."
Condé Nast, the publisher of Vogue, is also planning to move into education. Last September it announced it would open the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design for up to 300 students from September this year.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London