WPP buys majority stake in Turkish digital agency
WPP has bought a majority stake in Istanbul-based independent digital agency 41?29! in a move to develop its network in fast-growing markets.
Sir Martin Sorrell: chief executive of WPP
WPP already employs nearly 1,000 people and generates revenues of $100m (£64.3m) in Turkey, but is seeking to expand its digital capabilities in the country.
Turkey is one of the 15 countries WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell placed in the "Premier League" in his football analogy of global growth last March, along with Brazil and China. The US was in the Championship – the next tier – and the UK was in League One.
The 41?29! agency has a staff of 48 and its key clients include Diageo, Microsoft, Nokia, Renault, Garanti Bank and Unilever.
The agency's revenues for the year ending 31 December 2011 were approximately five million Turkish Lira (£1.8m), with gross assets at the same date of 2.4 million Turkish Lira (£850,000).
Founders Alemsah Ozturk, Bora Akman and Omer Ersoy set up 41?29! in 2007.
WPP has set itself a five-year target of generating 35% to 40% of its total revenue from digital operations.
According to analysts, WPP's digital revenues totalled more than $4.5bn (£2.9bn) in 2011, representing almost 30% of its total $16bn (£10bn) revenue.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...