Universal Pictures poaches Nintendo marketing director
Universal Pictures has poached Nintendo marketing director and assistant general manager Dawn Paine to be its vice president of marketing.
Dawn Paine: joins Universal Pictures
The appointment comes just three months after it emerged Paine had been handed additional managerial responsibilities as Nintendo moved to put marketing to the fore.
Paine will replace incumbent Karen Charalambous and will be responsible for overseeing marketing, communications and publicity for Universal Picture's Home Entertainment division.
She will report into Ian Foster, regional managing director of UK, Latin America and New Zealand.
Charalambous is moving across to be the marketing director of the theatrical department, which handles cinema releases.
Paine will leave Nintendo UK on 24 February and take up her new role at Universal Pictures on 5 March.
Nintendo general manager David Yarnton will oversee the Nintendo marketing team with senior managers Rob Lowe, James Honeywell and Jo Bartlett until a new appointment is made.
Paine was at Nintendo for 10 years and oversaw the launches of Wii, Nintendo DS, 3DS and software including Brain Training and Wii Fit.
Universal Pictures UK will celebrate its 100th anniversary this year and is gearing up for the Blu-ray releases of 'Jaws' and 'ET'.
It is also bringing out live comedy DVDs such as 'Michael McIntyre Live 2012' and upcoming blockbuster releases such as 'Dr Seuss The Lorax', 'Battleship', 'Snow White & The Huntsman' and 'American Pie Reunion'.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...