Durex campaign promises to help couples get in sync
Durex, the condom brand owned by Reckitt Benckiser (RB), is launching a new social media and TV campaign to promote its latest product innovation, Performax Intense.
The campaign by Euro RSCG London will launch on YouTube on 1 February, before airing on UK channels ITV and Channel 4 at the end of the month.
The activity will be supported by a Facebook game called "How in-sync are you?".
The campaign shows two turntables playing 'Let's Get it On' by Marvin Gaye at two different speeds, which slowly become in-sync with each other the play the track coherently.
The ad is intended to emulate the properties of the new Durex product, which is described by RB as "slowing him down and speeding her up", designed to create a mutual climax for both partners.
The game launches in the lead-up to Valentines Day, allowing consumers to be "in-sync" with their virtual gaming partner.
It will feature well-known tracks that consumers will need to speed up or slow down in order to hear them correctly.
Couples will need to stay in-sync for 10 seconds to prove their "virtual connection", which will be determined by a cross-fader mechanism to let couples get to the next level.
The creative team on the ad is Fabio Abram and Braulio Kuwubara, with creative directors Mick Mahoney and Brendon Wilkins.
Directors Si and Ad for Academy Films worked with producer Katie Dell and planner Yelena Gaufman.
The campaign is the first from EuroRSCG since it won the account in November 2010, following RB's acquisition of SSL, which owned the Durex and Scholl brands, in July 2010.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...