The Sun fishes for readers with cereal mailout
Discount vouchers for The Sun are going out today under the guise of Sun-branded cereal packs, created by direct agency Partners Andrews Aldridge, to people who read one of the paper's rivals.
The Sun: adopts cereal pack guise for its discounts vouchers pack
The Sun's discount vouchers pack is an acquisition tool, encouraging competitor publication readers to trial the paper in the hope that they will form a habit and become loyal readers.
Copywriter Vicki Murfitt and art director Paul Crump created The Sun's very own cereal pack, positioning the paper as the best way to start your day.
The pack explains the ingredients of The Sun and its nutritional values. Inside the box is a plastic cereal bag which, reminiscent of the days of free gifts, contains a key ring holding 10 weeks' worth of discount vouchers for The Sun.
Steve Aldridge, Partners Andrews Aldridge's creative partner and chairman, said: "This wonderfully fun and tactile execution is designed to engage those who don't currently read The Sun. We hope that the handy voucher key ring will lead to higher redemption and, as a result, loyal readers."
David Robinson, head of customer engagement at News International, said: "Partners' challenge was to turn what is essentially a very standardised mailing into something that would jump out at a recipient, make them smile and, in-turn, increase their likelihood of engagement and use. We are very excited about this creative and eagerly await the results."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex