Bauer Media hires NI's Dilupa Nanayakkara
Bauer Media has appointed Dilupa Nanayakkara, communications strategist at News International, to the position of account director for its Bauer Place Portfolio of radio stations, including Magic 105.4 and Radio City 96.7.
Dilupa Nanayakkara: joins Bauer
Nanayakkara will be responsible for sharing Bauer Media's insight into the Place portfolio and the way its stations connect with audiences with media agencies and the rest of Bauer Media's commercial team.
She will also be responsible for selling the Place portfolio 21-station network (including Manchester's Key 103 and Clyde 1 in Glasgow) to the strategic planning community in agencies.
Nanayakkara will report to Andy Carr, commercial director at Bauer Media, and will work with Robbie Mcintosh, strategic insight director, and his team as well as Lucy Brinson, account director for Bauer Passion, and Spencer Bakewell, strategy and solutions senior account manager for Bauer Access.
As a communications strategist at The Times and The Sun-publisher News International Nanayakkara worked closely with agencies' planning teams in order to help tailor solutions to their needs.
Prior to joining News International in May 2006, Nanayakkara was a media planning consultant at the Radio Advertising Bureau from 1998. She started her career at research systems company Telmar.
Karen Stacey, broadcast and sales director at Bauer Media, said: "We're delighted to get someone with Dilupa's cross-media experience to share the strengths of our Place portfolio, which in turn enhances the Bauer Access proposition."
Nanayakkara starts her new role this week.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London