P&G asks Facebook to 'like' clean water programme
Procter & Gamble (P&G) has launched a Facebook campaign to get consumers to engage with the company's Children's Safe Drinking Water programme (CSDW), promising to deliver one day of clean drinking water for every "like".
P&G: swaps Facebook 'likes' for clean water
The campaign marks the first time CSDW has used Facebook as a marketing platform. For every "like" from a consumer on the dedicated CSDW page, P&G has pledged to donate one day's worth of clean drinking water to a developing country that needs it most.
P&G has been distributing clean drinking water to developing countries globally for the past seven years through the programme, through P&G's patented powder technology that purifies water to make it drinkable.
P&G will also be rebranding the purification packets, marking the first time in more than a century that P&G has put its corporate name directly onto a product.
The Facebook campaign will let consumers keep up to date with stories on CSDW, where photos and videos will be uploaded to document the progress of delivering the packets with humanitarian, NGO and emergency relief partners.
The programme has also launched the www.csdw.org interactive site.
Bob McDonald, chairman, president and chief executive of P&G, said: "As we work towards our goal to save one life every hour by 2020, we want others to play a part and share in our journey.
"This is one simple, but meaningful way was for people all over the world the help us touch and improve lives by sharing clean drinking water."
P&G claims it has purified over four billion litres of water through the programme to date, saving an estimated 22,000 lives.
Earlier this month, P&G revealed plans to raise $5m (£3.3m) this year to establish and sustain youth sports programmes around the world, from donations and a portion of sales of its leading brands, including Pampers, Tide, Gillette and Pantene.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Web producer for clientside company £45k Digital Gurus £42000 - £45000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...