Tesco boosts Clubcard with Virgin Atlantic partnership
Tesco is bolstering its Clubcard loyalty scheme by partnering with Virgin Atlantic to allow customers to exchange Clubcard points for Flying Club miles.
Tesco Clubcard: offers Virgin Atantic flying miles
The deal adds to the pre-existing partnership Tesco has with British Airways and Iberia through the Avios loyalty programme, which was previously known as Airmiles before a rebrand in September.
The tie-up with Virgin means customers earn 2.5 miles per £1 spent in-store or online at Tesco Direct or Tesco.com.
They will also be able to collect Flying Club miles when buying fuel from Tesco Fuel.
Clubcard points are not available for all products bought in Tesco and exclude tobacco, lottery tickets, infant formulae milk, Esso fuel, in-store concessions and some Tesco bank products.
Points can be redeemed online at a microsite for Virgin Atlantic's Flying Club, which is handled by Gyro.
Tesco's partnership with Avios allows customers to redeem 600 Avios points against £2.50 worth of Clubcard vouchers.
The rebrand to Avios as a result of the British Airways merger with Iberia stirred controversy because it coincided with a change to the terms and conditions.
As a result of the rebrand, the number of points needed to fly to different destinations changed, with some routes needing more points than previously required.
A change in terms and conditions also means Avios points not earned or redeemed in 36 months will expire.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...