NMA unveils sports films
The Newspaper Marketing Agency (NMA) has created a set of stop-frame animation films as part of a campaign to emphasise the passion readers have for sports coverage in newspapers.
The ads use the strapline 'Newspapers. Bringing Sport To Life in 2012' to demonstrate the varied editorial, commentary and news in the sports pages of the UK's national newspapers.
The films were directed by Danny Vaia at Disqo and use stop-motion animation and actual newspaper coverage of sporting events to demonstrate the variety of print and online content newspapers offer their readers.
At McCann London the art director was Javier Gomez, with copywriter Mike Oughton. The lead animator was Paddy Lerwill and the ads were voiced by actor Brian Cox.
The campaign follows the appointment of former Haymarket Brand Media managing director Rufus Olins as the chief executive of the NMA, replacing Maureen Duffy who left the trade organisation at the end of last year.
The three versions of the film (a one minute 40-second brand film, a 40-second cutdown, and a special Olympic themed version) will be available on the NMA Website and YouTube.
Olins said: "2012 is going to be a huge year for sport, and we wanted to remind marketers of the strong emotional involvement our readers have with the sports pages, and the opportunity for brands to connect with this passionate audience."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...