Indy revamp hooks online readers
The Independent online's recent refresh appears to have paid dividends, scoring the website a 10% uplift in average daily users, which made it the only national newspaper website to record an increase between November and December, according to ABC data.
The Independent: 2011 redesign boosts online figures
Average daily traffic to Independent Online hit 758,524 in December, up 10.56% on the previous month.
The Independent made a concerted effort to overhaul its digital offering late last year, redesigning the site, which now carries a bold red masthead, like its printed companion and launching a paywall for non-UK readers and an iPad app.
Despite the uplift, independent.co.uk remains a minnow compared to the big cats of national newspaper websites.
But December proved a tough month for the big cats, with guardian.co.uk the biggest faller, shedding over 20% of its average daily users to 2,937,070.
MailOnline, which is the world's largest English-language newspaper according to ComcScore, fell back over 5% to 4,8838,140, according to ABC.
Telegraph Online, the third biggest national newspaper website, fell back 8.16% to 2,156,001 average daily users in December.
News International's Sun Online fell back over 10% to 1,339,077 average daily users.League Tables
|ABCe results December 2011|
|Online title||Glibal Daily Ave||Daily % change||Daily % change||UK monthly total|
|Mirror Group Digital||N/A||-4.23||44.19||16,311,555|
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...