Olympic hopefuls join Pantene campaign
Procter & Gamble (P&G) has signed up several female athletes, including British cyclist Victoria Pendleton, as brand ambassadors for hair brand Pantene, ahead of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Victoria Pendleton: British Olympic cyclist signs up as brand ambassador for Pantene
The athletes will be added to Pantene's list of celebrity brand ambassadors, which includes Liv Tyler and Eva Mendes.
This marks the first time Pantene has used athletes as ambassadors, and will include six Olympic gold medallists, many world champions and top-ranking women in swimming, tennis, gymnastics, cycling, diving and volleyball.
P&G will feature the athletes in an integrated marketing campaign that includes advertising, retail, online and PR activity. It will also feed into P&G's American 'Thank You Mom' campaign.
The athletes chosen are: Brazilian volleyball player, Jaqueline Carvalho; American swimmer Natalie Coughlin; Argentinian tennis player Gisela Dulko; Mexican diver Paola Espinosa; Russian gymnast Evgenia Kanaeva; British cyclist Victoria Pendleton; Canadian swimmer Annamay Pierse, and Japanise swimmer Aya Terakawa, with the remaining names to be announced shortly.
Hennake Faber, vice-president and brand franchise leader, global haircare at P&G, said: "We believe that healthy is the new beautiful and we're thrilled to add this exceptional group to our select list of global beauty ambassadors. These women are a wonderful fit with our heritage of performance and shine.
"Their hair is easily some of the most challenged on the planet and Pantene can take on the task. Our products are designed to perform under demanding conditions."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...