Carlsberg UK unveils San Miguel Fresca
Carlsberg UK is rolling out its first brand extension to San Miguel in a bid to compete with summer-time lager brands such as Sol, Corona and Brahma.
San Miguel Fresca: latest offering from Carlsberg
The new sub-brand, San Miguel Fresca, is described by Carlsberg as a "refreshing, crisp sunshine lager, best served chilled with a wedge of lime". "Fresca" is a word often used in Spain to describe a thirst-quenching, chilled drink.
Developed as a result of a strategic partnership between Carlsberg UK and Mahou-San Miguel of Spain, the brewers have created a beer they believe will appeal to UK consumers, while retaining the Spanish character of San Miguel.
The UK launch is being supported with a £6m marketing campaign which will include outdoor, press, digital and sampling. Saatchi & Saatchi is creating the ad campaign.
David Scott, director of customer marketing for Carlsberg UK, said: "We're confident that we will attract new consumers to San Miguel Fresca, not only from other beer brands but also from other categories.
He said Carlsberg's own research revealed consumers would be willing to "trade up" to Fresca. According to the research, the beer will attract an upmarket ABC1 consumer profile for occasions such as nights out with friends, watching live music, and al fresco dining or barbecue events.
The product, which has an ABV of 4.4%, will be available to the on and off-trade from next month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...