Brit Insurance marketing cuts threaten cricket sponsorship
Brit Insurance has axed its marketing and communications team, putting the future of its sponsorship of the England cricket team in doubt.
Brit Insurance: four-year cricket deal signed in 2009
The company, which sponsors the elite England cricket team, has entered into a 30-day consultation period with its six-strong marketing unit; the team was reduced from 14 last November.
Recently appointed chief executive Mark Cloutier has opted to outsource Brit Insurance’s marketing. Marketing and communications director Mark Jones has already left.
Brit signed a four-year deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in 2009 to sponsor the England team. However, a source familiar with the situation told Marketing a ‘question mark’ now hangs over the ‘viability’ of its cricket sponsorship.
An ECB spokesman said: ‘It’s an internal matter for Brit.’ Brit Insurance declined to comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior / Mid level Copywriter - £25k to £30k, dependent on experience MODA consult £25k - £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Marketing National Trust circa £30,000 per annum, Heelis, Swindon