Brit Insurance marketing cuts threaten cricket sponsorship
Brit Insurance has axed its marketing and communications team, putting the future of its sponsorship of the England cricket team in doubt.
Brit Insurance: four-year cricket deal signed in 2009
The company, which sponsors the elite England cricket team, has entered into a 30-day consultation period with its six-strong marketing unit; the team was reduced from 14 last November.
Recently appointed chief executive Mark Cloutier has opted to outsource Brit Insurance’s marketing. Marketing and communications director Mark Jones has already left.
Brit signed a four-year deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in 2009 to sponsor the England team. However, a source familiar with the situation told Marketing a ‘question mark’ now hangs over the ‘viability’ of its cricket sponsorship.
An ECB spokesman said: ‘It’s an internal matter for Brit.’ Brit Insurance declined to comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...