H&M unveils David Beckham's Super Bowl ad
H&M, the Swedish fashion retailer, has unveiled its first Super Bowl TV ad, which stars football ace David Beckham.
H&M: unveils David Beckham campaign
The black and white ad, created in-house, features Beckham in his briefs and his armour of tattoos. He is featured modelling his white brief collection along to the Animals' song, 'Don't Let me be Misunderstood'.
The 30-second spot, which will air during the second quarter of the Super Bowl on Sunday, aims to promote Beckham's H&M Bodywear collection, including briefs and boxer shorts.
It is the first time the retailer has invested heavily in TV advertising, with the cost of a Super Bowl ad costing around £2.2m. The retailer until now has opted instead to use online and print advertising.
Volkswagen's ad, 'The Force', created by Deutsch USA and featuring a mini Darth Vader became the most watched ad of 2011 after being seeded online before being shown on TV during last year's Super Bowl, according to Unruly Media.
This year's NFL Super Bowl XLVI, between the New York Giants and New England Patriots, takes place in Indianapolis. It is expected to draw a TV audience of 100 million people.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...