Mindshare set to take £12m Post Office media while UM London poised for Royal Mail
The Post Office is poised to award its £12m media planning and buying account to WPP agency Mindshare, while Interpublic Group's UM London is in pole position to take the £2m media business for The Royal Mail.
Post Office: Mindshare wins its £12m media account
Both agencies are set to pick up the business following an official tender that kicked off in September last year.
The media accounts for both the Post Office and the Royal Mail will transfer from incumbent OMD. MediaCom Edinburgh was also involved in the pitch for the Royal Mail business.
The pitch process was concluded by an e-auction, which took place last Friday (27 January).
There is now a legal "cooling-off period" of 10 days in place before the announcement can be made officially, according to sources.
Mindshare and UM London will now be tasked with improving the return on investment across print, TV radio and digital media.
OMD has held the media planning and buying account for the Post Office since 2006.
The media review follows on the heels of a pitch for the Post Office's advertising account that led to Dare being appointed to the business in January. The previous incumbent on the creative account had been Mother.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is the current incumbent on the Royal Mail's advertising account, while Proximity London oversees the brand's digital and direct marketing activity.
Both Mindshare and Universal McCann referred calls to the Royal Mail Group.
A spokesman for the Royal Mail Group, said: "We are not in a position to announce the result of these media pitches until the process has been completed."
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Planning Manager - Healthcare PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director PFJ £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- Account Executive - Social Media Source £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Stevenage