Honda courts grown-up Ferris Bueller fans
Honda has released a two-minute long homage to 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' featuring an older Matthew Broderick skipping a day's shooting and driving around in the brand's CR-V.
Honda: Matthew Broderick revisits his Ferris days
'Matthew's Day Off' has been posted online and a shorter version will be broadcast on US television during the Super Bowl on Sunday (5 February).
The ad was created by Honda's US agency RPA and was directed by Todd Phillips and produced by Moxie Pictures.
The full film includes several references to Ferris Bueller, which Honda is encouraging people to search for and flag up on its Facebook page.
The campaign started last week with an eight-second teaser, which did not reveal which brand was associated with it.
Joe Baratelli, executive creative director at RPA, said: "This fun commercial reminds viewers to go out and embrace life – do the things you want to do, not just the things you have to do."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex