Honda courts grown-up Ferris Bueller fans
Honda has released a two-minute long homage to 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' featuring an older Matthew Broderick skipping a day's shooting and driving around in the brand's CR-V.
Honda: Matthew Broderick revisits his Ferris days
'Matthew's Day Off' has been posted online and a shorter version will be broadcast on US television during the Super Bowl on Sunday (5 February).
The ad was created by Honda's US agency RPA and was directed by Todd Phillips and produced by Moxie Pictures.
The full film includes several references to Ferris Bueller, which Honda is encouraging people to search for and flag up on its Facebook page.
The campaign started last week with an eight-second teaser, which did not reveal which brand was associated with it.
Joe Baratelli, executive creative director at RPA, said: "This fun commercial reminds viewers to go out and embrace life – do the things you want to do, not just the things you have to do."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...