Lord Bell readies Bell Pottinger MBO from Chime Communications
Chime Communications has announced that its chairman Lord Bell and a number of other senior executives have been given permission to pursue an acquisition of Chime's PR businesses.
Lord Bell: chairman of Chime Communications
A statement to the stock exchange at 1pm read: ‘Chime announces that its chairman has asked the board if he can pursue the possibility of he, Piers Pottinger, and certain other members of the senior management team acquiring some of the businesses within the public relations division. The board has agreed that he can pursue that possibility.'
The statement added: ‘No proposal has yet been made and there can be no certainty that a proposal which the board can recommend to shareholders will be forthcoming.
‘A further announcement will be made in due course.’
Bell Pottinger is the UK’s biggest PR agency by fee income, according to PRWeek’s Top 150 agency survey.
Chime’s PR division encompasses Bell Pottinger, Good Relations, Harvard, Insight, MMK and Pelham Bell Pottinger.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex