Lord Bell readies Bell Pottinger MBO from Chime Communications
Chime Communications has announced that its chairman Lord Bell and a number of other senior executives have been given permission to pursue an acquisition of Chime's PR businesses.
Lord Bell: chairman of Chime Communications
A statement to the stock exchange at 1pm read: ‘Chime announces that its chairman has asked the board if he can pursue the possibility of he, Piers Pottinger, and certain other members of the senior management team acquiring some of the businesses within the public relations division. The board has agreed that he can pursue that possibility.'
The statement added: ‘No proposal has yet been made and there can be no certainty that a proposal which the board can recommend to shareholders will be forthcoming.
‘A further announcement will be made in due course.’
Bell Pottinger is the UK’s biggest PR agency by fee income, according to PRWeek’s Top 150 agency survey.
Chime’s PR division encompasses Bell Pottinger, Good Relations, Harvard, Insight, MMK and Pelham Bell Pottinger.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...