Department of Health kicks off £10m HIV review
The Department of Health is looking for an advertising agency to handle a £10m national awareness programme around HIV and Aids.
HIV and Aids: TBWA created the hard-hitting 80s ads
Agencies will be briefed to launch a three-year campaign around HIV and Aids prevention and reduce the stigma surrounding the disease.
The DH has issued a tender for interested agencies and the campaign will specifically target gay men and African communities in a bid to increase HIV testing to reduce undiagnosed and late diagnoses of infection. It will also be expected to look at changing behaviour.
Activity is expected to focus on print and social media to encourage gay men and faith leaders in the African communities to promote best practice.
The new campaign will be a far cry from the hard-hitting "don’t die of ignorance" ads from the 80s, which were created by TBWA. One 1987 TV spot, "tombstone", featured a gravestone etched with the words "Aids. Don’t die of ignorance" under a dark sky and erupting volcano. Another ad featured an iceberg. In 2003, the National Aids Trust charity ran a campaign asking: "Are you HIV prejudiced?"
Last year, a House of Lords committee described attempts to limit the spread of HIV and Aids in the UK as "woefully inadequate". Its report predicted that, by this year, 100,000 people in the UK will be living with HIV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...