M&S launches first Samsung TV app
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has become the first UK retailer to create its own app for Samsung's internet-connected TV range, Samsung Smart TVs.
Marks & Spencer: creates its own app for Samsung Smart TVs.
Product ranges at M&S will be showcased via the app through tips on high-street trends, lifestyle, food, fashion and technology.
A Samsung spokesman said the app was not transactional, but added that this was something that might feature in the future, "as Smart TVs continue to advance in technology and more people are becoming aware of it".
Up until now, Samsung Smart TV apps have predominantly involved partnerships with media companies.
Apps currently available via the Samsung Smart TV App store include BBC iPlayer, LoveFilm, Netflix, YouTube, Teletext Holidays, Rightmove, Thomson Local, Facebook and Twitter.
Susan Aubrey-Cound, director for new channels at M&S, said: "This app enables customers to discover more about our products and innovations from the comfort of their living rooms, whilst supporting our broader marketing channels."
Samsung claims that more than 10 million apps have already been downloaded from the Smart TV app store across the world, as consumers embrace the format.
A Smart Hub interface on the televisions allow viewers to open content from branded apps and the internet, while the television also allows people to connect wirelessly to other devices including smartphones, laptops and tablets.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...