Supermarket sweep for in-store Wi-Fi
All the big four supermarkets are now trialling Wi-Fi for customers in their stores.
Tesco: rolls out W-Fi in superstores
According to one industry source Asda, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury's are planning to roll Wi-Fi out beyond the trial stage within 12 months.
An Asda spokeswoman confirmed the supermarket was trialling Wi-Fi but said it wanted to "keep details under wraps until we're confident which bits our customers like best".
Morrisons has rolled out Wi-Fi to cafés in nine of its "stores of the future", while Sainsbury's is trialling free Wi-Fi in its superstores in Crayford, Stanway, Lincoln and Heaton Park.
Tesco has led the way so far in terms of Wi-Fi adoption by rolling it out to all its Tesco Extra superstores.
Tesco customers with Clubcards get unlimited access and can use their Clubcard numbers as a password on the Wi-Fi network, while those without a Clubcard can get 15 minutes free access every 24-hours.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...