Facebook's UK commercial leader Haines to be among new millionaires
Facebook's IPO stands to make millionaires of some of the stalwarts who have worked in its UK commercial operation, including Blake Chandlee who set up the operation and current leader Stephen Haines.
Stephen Haines: UK commercial director, Facebook
It is understood that Blake Chandlee, now Facebook's vice president of global agencies and clients, who established the UK officer in October 2007 before moving back to the US, is in-line to receive a bumper payout running into double-digit millions based on his share options.
Chandlee, who prior to Facebook worked at Yahoo, was Facebook’s first employee outside of the US, as vice president of EMEA. He also set up its APAC, LATAM and CEEMEA and is now based in New York.
Stephen Haines, UK commercial director who like Chandlee joined Facebook in 2007 from Yahoo, is also expected to join the ranks of Facebook's newly made multi-millionaires.
Sales manager David Parfect, also a former Yahoo employee, is another executive set to be quids in when the company floats on the stock market.
Facebook, which employs around 70 staff in the UK, is currently expanding its team and preparing to move to larger premises.
According to a Reuters report, Facebook's IPO, which is expected to value the company at as much as $100bn, could create 1,000 overnight millionaires at the company, which is one third of its work force.
Zuckerberg is expected to collect at least $21bn of shares from his 28% stake in the company he co-found eight years ago.
Reports emerged today that graffiti artist David Choe, who was paid in shares for painting a mural at Facebook's Palo Alto office, is also likely to be an overnight millionaire when he cashes in his payment for £126m.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...