Lavazza awards €50m pan-European account to MEC
Lavazza, the Italian coffee brand, has appointed MEC, the WPP media agency, to its estimated €50m (£42m) pan-European media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
Lavazza: appoints MEC to its pan-European media account
Lavazza said it appointed MEC because it wanted a major global media agency to offer the brand support and activation as it expanded its activities in international markets.
From May, MEC will handle the coffee brand's account in a number of European markets including Italy, UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Belgium, Romania, the Netherlands and Greece.
Previously, Lavazza worked with several different agencies, including Media Italia in Italy, Havas Media agency MPG in France and Belgium, Aegis Media's Vizeum in Germany and the Netherlands, and independent agency AMS in the UK.
Lavazza said it "would like to thank Media Italia for their great professionalism and reliability during these years of close collaboration".
Paul Phelps, chief executive of AMS, said: "We have held the Lavazza business in the UK for the last 11 years and enjoyed an excellent relationship with the client throughout – not least helping to deliver sustained growth year after year.
"I understand that this decision is one made in Italy on a global basis and without conducting any market by market review. Disappointing not having a say in the matter, but we can be very proud of the work we have done for the brand and the excellent results achieved."
In recent years, Lavazza has supported its annual calendar of images of famous models taken by leading photographers, with a pan-European advertising campaign.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...